Beef and Potato Bake
by , Updated April 1, 2017
This is a flavorful beef and potato bake, made with round steak and beef stock, along with potatoes, thyme, and other seasonings. Serve this beef dish with crusty bread or rolls.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 55 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Sprinkle beef cubes with a small amount of salt and pepper then toss with 1/4 cup of flour.
- Brown the beef in 2 to 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a 2-quart casserole; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons flour, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, thyme, and garlic powder.
- Pour the beef stock over the steak and onion mixture.
- Cover and bake 60 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 425 F.
- Arrange potatoes on beef; sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper, and paprika.
- Bake, covered for about 40 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Serves 4Calories per serving: 501
Fat per serving: 17.5g
More Steak Recipes
Pepper Steak with Noodles
Round Steak with Vegetables
Steak and Cheese Sandwiches
Beef and Lamb Recipe Index