Easy Beef Pot Pie
by , Updated April 1, 2017
The crust for this beef pot pie reminds me of an easy cobbler recipe or dump cake. Butter is melted in the baking dish, then batter is poured in and beef mixture is dumped over the batter.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a skillet over low heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter; add onions and saute until onions are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Combine onions with chopped beef, cooked peas and carrots, potatoes, and gravy; set aside.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in bottom of 8-inch square baking dish in the preheated oven.
- Combine flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, salt, and milk in a mixing bowl. Stir until blended.
- Pour the batter into baking dish then pour beef mixture over the batter.
- Do not stir.
- Bake the beef pie for 55 to 65 minutes, until crust is browned and filling is bubbly.
Serves 5 to 6Calories per serving: 520
Fat per serving: 24.8g
More Leftover Beef and Beef Pie Recipes
Beefy Cabbage Casserole
Monterey Beef Casserole
Beef and Lamb Recipe Index