by , Updated April 1, 2017
In this cannelloni recipe, pasta shells are stuffed with a mixture of ground beef, garlic, spinach, and cheese. Serve this delicious pasta meal with crusty bread and a tossed salad for a fabulous meal.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- Cook cannelloni according to package directions; drain well. Lightly brush or toss with a teaspoon of olive oil to keep them from sticking together. Set aside.
- Combine tomato sauce and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese; spread 1 cup of the tomato mixture in a lightly greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish. Set the sauce and dish aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add the ground beef, onion, and garlic. Cook, stirring and breaking up the meat, until browned; drain off grease. Add the spinach and saute 3 minutes. Add 1/3 cup of the Parmesan cheese, milk, eggs, and oregano; stir well.
- Stuff the cannelloni shells with beef mixture. Place filled cannelloni on tomato mixture in baking dish; set aside.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add half-and-half; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in pepper. Pour over cannelloni; spoon remaining tomato mixture over the white sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 375 F. for 20 minutes.
6 servingsCalories per serving: 535
Fat per serving: 31.4g