by , Updated September 5, 2017
This hearty, delicious Spanish rice is made with stewed tomatoes and ground beef, along with rice, bell pepper, and chili powder. Serve this rice dish with a tossed salad and bread or rolls.
Related: Mexican Cauliflower Rice
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- Rinse rice and let dry.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium heat; add rice and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, about 8 to 12 minutes.
- Add onions, garlic, green peppers and ground beef. Stir and break up meat; cook until onion is tender and lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer about 25 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Let stand, covered, for about 5 minutes before serving.