by , Updated April 1, 2017
These delicious meatballs are served with an easy sour cream sauce made with mushrooms and dry onion soup mix. Serve these meatballs with hot cooked noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- In a large bowl combine ground beef with salt, pepper, steak sauce, crumbs and egg, mixing gently until well blended. Shape mixture into large 1 1/2 to 2-inch meatballs.
- Brown meatballs in a large skillet in the butter. Reduce heat and continue cooking for about 10 minutes.
- Remove meatballs and set aside. Pour off all but about a tablespoon of the drippings.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet, saute mushrooms and remove from heat. Stir in flour and ketchup; add broth gradually. Add onion soup mix, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and add meatballs. Stir in sour cream; heat through but do not boil.
- Serve with hot buttered noodles, mashed potatoes, or rice.
Serves 6Calories per serving: 517
Fat per serving: 26.8g