by , Updated April 1, 2017
This big batch of meatballs is cooked in sauce and kept warm in the slow cooker for serving. Serve as appetizers with toothpicks or serve with buns for sandwiches.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, combine the meatball ingredients. Shape the mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
- Arrange the meatballs in a large baking pan in a single layer and cook bakees for about 30 minutes or until browned.
- Remove and drain off excess fat.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook 1/4 cup chopped onion in oil until tender. Add remaining sauce ingredients. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Place meatballs in a crock pot.
- Pour sauce over, cover, and keep on LOW setting for serving.
Makes about 5 dozen meatballs.Calories per meatball: 76
Fat per meatball: 3.7g