by , Updated April 1, 2017
This flavorful casserole is a wonderful combinations of Mexican flavors, with chile peppers, ground beef, refried beans, and cheese, along with salsa, sliced olives, and tortilla chips. Feel free to use a Cheddar Jack combination or a Mexican blend of cheeses in this recipe.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- In a heavy skillet, brown the beef and onion, drain well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread refried beans in an large, shallow casserole; top with meat mixture and sprinkle with chiles, then shredded cheeses.
- Drizzle salsa or sauce evenly over all.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle green onions, chopped tomato and olives over all.
- Mound avacado or guacamole in center; top with a dollop of sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips.
Serves 4Calories per serving: 692
Fat per serving: 36.9g