Penne with Shrimp and Bacon
Updated April 1, 2017
- Cook penne in boiling salted water.
- In a large frying pan heat bacon until fat begins to melt. Stir in thawed peas and saute for about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until just they are opaque and cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted.
- In a bowl combine ricotta, salt, pepper and Parmesan.
- Just before serving, add 1 or 2 tablespoons boiling pasta water and whisk through.
- Drain penne when al dente and mix in ricotta.
- Add bacon, shrimp and peas and toss together before serving.
Serves 4.Adapted from The New Pasta Cookbook.