Lobster Pie for Two
by Updated April 1, 2017,
This lobster pie is the perfect special meal for two. Add a tossed salad and your favorite steamed vegetables.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- Heat the oven to 300 F.
- In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter; add sherry and lemon juice and boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, add the lobster, and let stand. Strain and reserve the sherry mixture. Set the lobster aside.
- In another saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter; add flour. Stir 1 minute until bubbles. Remove from the heat.
- Slowly stir in cream and the sherry mixture drained from the lobster. Return to heat until smooth and thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Beat egg yolks and whisk in 4 tablespoons of the hot sauce, 1 tablespoon at a time. Add the egg yolk mixture to the sauce. Mix well.
- Heat over hot water in top of double boiler over simmering (not boiling) water. Do not let water boil or sauce may curdle. It takes about 3 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and add the lobster.
- In a bowl, combine the topping ingredients and mix well.
- Turn into a small deep dish pie plate. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Makes 2 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Fish and Seafood Recipe Index