Shrimp and Asparagus in Cream Sauce
by Updated March 31, 2017,
From "Tell Me More" - Jr League of Lafayette, LA
- Rinse asparagus thoroughly. Break off tough bottoms. Peel the stems if necessary. Blanch in boiling salted water until tender-crisp. Cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet. Saute lightly salted shrimp until cooked but still crisp. Drain and save the juice.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet. Add flour and whisk 3 minutes over heat until pale yellow. Add 2 cups heated cream. Bring sauce to a boil, whisking constantly. Season with pinch of nutmeg.
- Add asparagus and shrimp to sauce and heat, stirring constantly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If sauce becomes too thick, add enough shrimp liquid to reach desired consistency.
- Serve over lightly buttered noodles.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Shrimp Marinara with Pasta
Spicy Shrimp Creole
Easy Louisiana Shrimp and Rice Skillet