by , Updated March 31, 2017
Use canned or small cooked shrimp in this creamy shrimp recipe.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat, blend in flour, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes, or until smooth and bubbly.
- Gradually stir in milk while stirring constantly. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and begins to bubble.
- Add shrimp and cooked peas. Continue cooking, stirring, until heated through.
- Serve creamed shrimp over toast or rice.
- This dish is sometimes called Shrimp Wiggle.
- Makes approximately 3 cups.