by Updated March 31, 2017,
If you only make one kind of cookie for Christmas and fall and winter holidays, make snickerdoodles. The cinnamon coated cookies are perfect for holidays.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups of sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, and soda.
- Chill dough for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Roll the dough into balls the size of walnuts.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of sugar and the cinnamon. Roll cookies in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Makes about 4 dozen.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Cookies, Candy, and Bars Index