by , Updated March 31, 2017
If you only make one kind of cookie for Christmas and fall and winter holidays, make snickerdoodles. The cinnamon coated cookies are perfect for holidays.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups of sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, and soda.
- Chill dough for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Roll the dough into balls the size of walnuts.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of sugar and the cinnamon. Roll cookies in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Makes about 4 dozen.