Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
by Updated March 30, 2017,
This easy baked macaroni and cheese is made with an egg, a little mustard, and Cheddar cheese. Add a bread crumb topping if you'd like. This is a tasty macaroni and cheese to serve with hot dogs or as a side dish to a holiday meal.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Cook the macaroni in boiling water following the package directions until still somewhat firm. Drain the macaroni; return it to the saucepan. Stir in the butter and egg.
- Whisk mustard, salt, and nutmeg with the milk. Stir in 2 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese, the grated onion and the macaroni.
- Pour the macaroni mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Top with the remaining cheese then sprinkle with the paprika.
- Bake the macaroni and cheese casserole in the 350 F oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until topping is nicely browned.
Calories per serving: 631
Fat per serving: 34.4g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
Top 20 Macaroni and Cheese Recipes