Turkey Noodle Casserole
by , Updated March 30, 2017
This turkey and broccoli casserole is perfect for a post Thanksgiving potluck supper, or make it for a family meal.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
About 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook noodles following package directions; drain.
- Cook broccoli just until tender.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter; blend in flour, salt, prepared mustard, and pepper. Stir for about 2 minutes. Gradually add the milk, stirring until thickened; remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- Dice broccoli stalks; leave florets intact.
- In an 8-inch square baking dish, arrange noodles, broccoli stems, and turkey; pour cheese sauce over all.
- Arrange the florets over the top, pressing down a bit. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- *To toast nuts, spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes. Or, toast in an ungreased skillet over medium heat, stirring, until golden brown and aromatic.
Serves 4Calories per serving: 535
Fat per serving: 26.2g