Rice, Chile and Sour Cream Casserole
by , Updated March 29, 2017
Feel free to use pepper Jack cheese in place of the Monterey Jack; you can have it sliced 1/8-inch thick at the deli, or buy a block and slice it yourself.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Cut the Monterey Jack cheese into strips about 1/8-inch thick.
- Thoroughly mix sour cream and chiles.
- Butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole. Season rice with salt and pepper.
- Layer rice, sour cream mixture and cheese strips, in that order, until you finish with rice on the top. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for about 30 minutes.
- During the last few minutes of baking sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese over the rice and allow it to melt before removing casserole from oven.