Golden Shrimp Casserole
by Updated March 29, 2017,
This easy layered shrimp casserole is made with bread cubes, butter, eggs, shrimp, and shredded cheese.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a skillet over medium-low heat, melt 4 tablespoons of butter; add the cubed bread and cook, stirring, until lightly browned.
- Remove the bread from skillet and set aside.
- Saute mushrooms in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter for about 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- In a buttered 1 1/2-quart baking dish, alternate layers of bread cubes, mushrooms, shrimp, and cheese.
- Combine eggs, milk, and seasonings; pour over layers.
- Place casserole dish in a larger pan of hot water and bake at in the preheated oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until set.
Calories per serving: 394
Fat per serving: 22.6g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Shrimp Recipes
Shrimp Grilled with Garlic Butter for Dipping
Shrimp Salad Recipe
Baked Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce
Shrimp in Beer Batter
Spicy Shrimp Creole