by Updated March 29, 2017,
This layered casserole is made with beans, cheese, and tortillas, along with yogurt and a variety of vegetables. It's a vegetarian dish with loads of flavor. If you prefer a casserole with meat, add 1 pound of browned ground beef or a cup of two or diced cooked chicken.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onion, garlic, mushrooms, and bell pepper until vegetables are softened. Add beans, tomatoes, spices, and wine or stock. Simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese and yogurt together.
- Grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish; layer tortillas, sauce, cheese, and cheese-yogurt mixture.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used, ending with layer of sauce.
- Top with cheese-yogurt mixture and black olives.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Calories per serving: 319
Fat per serving: 4.3g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Enchilada Casserole Recipes
Beef Enchilada Casserole Recipe
Cheddar Enchilada Casserole