Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough Crust
Updated June 5, 2017 by
- Combine the water, yeast, and all-purpose flour in a large bowl; mix well. Add the whole-wheat flour, oil, and salt. Using your hands, work the ingredients together until you have a cohesive dough. You may need a bit less flour, so add the whole-wheat flour gradually.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until it is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. If the dough becomes sticky while you are kneading it, sprinkle a bit more all-purpose flour over it.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled 2-quart bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel, and let the dough rest in a draft-free place until it has doubled in size, 1 hour.
- When the dough has risen, place it on a lightly floured surface, divide it into two or more parts, and roll them into balls.
- Cover the dough with a towel and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- The dough is now ready to be shaped, topped and cooked.
Calories per serving: 175
Fat per serving: 3.0g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Beer Pizza Crust
Pizza Bread Sticks