Updated June 5, 2017 by
This is an excellent way to use all of that rhubarb.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour two 81/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, oil and beaten egg. Whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl mix together milk, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- Add the milk mixture to sugar mixture alternately with flour, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in rhubarb and nuts.
- Turn into prepared loaf pans.
- Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of loaves.
- Bake about one hour or until toothpick inserted in center of bread comes out clean.
About 24 slicesCalories per serving: 175
Fat per serving: 8.5g