Basic Pizza Dough
Updated June 5, 2017
- Combine the water, yeast, and 1 1/2 cups of the flour in a large bowl. Mix well. Add the oil, salt, and remaining flour. With large wooden spoon or your hands mix the ingredients together until the dough holds its shape. You may need a bit less flour, so add the last half gradually.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. If the dough becomes sticky, sprinkle a bit more flour over it.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled 2-quart bowl; turn so the surface of the dough is completely coated with the oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel, and let the dough rest until it has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- When the dough has risen, place it on a lightly floured surface, divide it into two or more parts and roll them into balls.
- Cover the dough balls with a towel and let rest for 15 minutes.
- The dough is ready to be shaped, topped and cooked.
Calories per serving: 175
Fat per serving: 3.9g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Beer Pizza Crust
Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough