Updated June 5, 2017 by
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Cream 1/2 cup butter in large mixing bowl until light. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Stir in sour cream and orange extract.
- In another bowl combine the flour, soda, and salt; blend with a whisk or spoon.
- Blend the flour mixture into the first batter.
- Add pecans, orange zest and juice. Mix well.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes (12 to 15 minutes for miniature muffin tin).
- Cool and ice with Orange Icing.
- For icing place sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, orange zest and juice in top of double boiler over hot water for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Beat icing until of good spreading consistency.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Poppy Seed Muffins
Maple Muffins With Brown Sugar and Bacon Topping
Apple Crunch Muffins