Updated June 5, 2017
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Generously grease an 8-inch square or round pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal and baking powder. Stir in the cheese.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, oil, sour cream, corn and chiles together. Add to the cornmeal mixture.
- Stir until just moistened and then spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes then invert over a serving plate.
- For a spicier cornbread, use mild and hot chile peppers.
Makes 9 servings
Calories per serving: 269
Fat per serving: 18.8g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Southern Bacon Cheddar Cornbread