Apple Crunch Muffins
Updated June 5, 2017
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with papers.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into mixing bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender until fine crumbs form.
- In another bowl, combine egg and milk; whisk to blend. Add to dry ingredients all at once and then stir just enough to moisten.
- Fold the apples into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into paper-lined muffin cups, filling about two-thirds full.
- Sprinkle with nut crunch topping (see below).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with butter and homemade jelly or jam.
- For the topping mix together brown sugar, chopped pecans and ground cinnamon in small bowl.