Bulgur Pilaf with Mushrooms
Updated June 5, 2017 by
This bulgur pilaf is a delicious alternative to a rice pilaf or plain boiled brown rice.
- In large saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bulgur and cook while stirring until lightly browned.
- Add the green onions and mushrooms and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes.
- Pour the bulgur and vegetable mixture into the pan of broth add the oregano and a little salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the bulgur is tender and liquids are absorbed.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
Calories per serving: 250
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Stuffed Zucchini with Ground Turkey and Bulgur