Updated June 4, 2017 by
This is a basic roasted garlic recipe, using a little thyme, butter, and chicken broth. Use roasted garlic as a spread for appetizer breads, put it in meatloaf or potato dishes, any dish you'd like to enhance with intense garlic flavor.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Carefully remove the outer papery skin from the garlic heads, leaving the whole heads intact.
- Arrange the garlic heads in a small baking dish so that they fit comfortably.
- Dot with the butter, thyme, pepper, and coarse salt.
- Pour the chicken broth into the dish.
- Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake, basting frequently, for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe