Grape Jelly Meatballs
Updated June 4, 2017 by
Grape jelly meatballs are a popular appetizer for holiday parties and get-togethers. These are made with ground beef, bread crumbs, and a delicious grape jelly and chili sauce mixture.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Makes about 4 to 5 dozen meatballs, depending on size.
- Combine the first 9 ingredients, mixing well. Shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- Heat the shortening or oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until browned on all sides. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine chili sauce and grape jelly in a medium saucepan; stir well until jelly has melted.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer, uncovered, over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot meatballs with toothpicks out of the skillet or a crockpot or chafing dish set on low to keep warm.