Baked Clam Appetizer
Updated June 4, 2017 by
These tangy baked clam appetizers are served in scallop shells. These make a great party appetizer, or serve as the first course for a special meal.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Drain the clams and set aside on a paper towel.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the scallions, parsley, capers, and mushrooms over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and stir in the lemon juice and the cracker crumbs.
- Mash the egg half, both the white and the yolk, and stir it into the saute mixture along with the clams.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease four scallop shells and fill with the clam mixture.
- Heat for 4 or 5 minutes in the preheated oven. Serve hot