Cajun Seasoned Chicken Nuggets
Updated June 4, 2017 by
Pecans and herbs make a tasty coating for these appetizer chicken nuggets.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Combine the flour, pecans, oregano, cumin, thyme, cayenne, and salt to taste in a shallow dish.
- Melt 6 tablespoons of the butter in a small saucepan. Dip each chicken piece first in the butter, then in the flour mixture to coat well.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of remaining butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add half the chicken pieces and saute until nicely browned on all sides and cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and the chicken.
- Serve the chicken nuggets with toothpicks and your favorite mustard for dipping.
- To reheat leftover chicken, wrap in foil and heat in a 350 F oven for about 10 minutes.
This recipe adapted from "The Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook"Serves 8 to 12 as an appetizer.